How do I dispute the assessed value of my property?
Appearing before the Board of Review is the 1st step in the appeal process for an individual property owner who protests an assessment. The property owner cannot pursue subsequent avenues of appeal for an individual assessment unless a formal objection has been made to the Board of Review. Objection forms are available at the City Clerk's Office, who can be reached at (262) 673-8202.

When appearing before the Board the person shall specify in writing the person's estimate of the value of land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person's objection and specify the information that the person utilized to arrive at that estimate. The Board of Review meets on an annual basis, i.e., any time during the 30 day period beginning on the 2nd Monday in May.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get to Hartford from Milwaukee?
2. How do I get to Hartford from Madison?
3. Is housing and/or heat assistance available in Hartford?
4. Is public transportation available in or out of Hartford?
5. How do I dispute the assessed value of my property?
6. May I attend a meeting of a city board, committee, or commission?
7. May I appear before the Common Council or another committee, commission, or board?
8. How can I obtain a copy of a program shown on Channel Charter 979 or UVerse 99?
9. What is the procedure for obtaining a building permit?
10. I have a question regarding garbage collection and/or recycling, who do I contact?