Background Record Checks
The Background Record Checks are provided to assist in obtaining background information that is part of the public record. If you are conducting a background check on an individual that has lived or worked in another jurisdiction, be sure to check with that local agency as well for any records associated with the individual.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Justice Crime Information Bureau (CIB) - Resources including, but not limited to:
- Online record checks for account customers - Follow if you have an account set up with the Department of Justice Crime Information Bureau (CIB) and you would like to submit a CIB Record Check.
- Online record checks for credit card customers - Follow if you do not have a DOJ account, but would like to submit a CIB Record Check using your credit card.
- Wisconsin Online Sex Offender Registry
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (CCAP)
- Hartford Police Department Release of Information Open Record Request: Form HPD-20 (PDF), if the record being requested involves a juvenile, Form HPD-13 (PDF) is required to be completed as well.
- Milwaukee Municipal Court Access
- Credit History: Check out the websites of the three major credit reporting agencies to find out how to request a copy of a credit history: